It has been quite a while since I have posted here! I've been itching to get back to doing some writing for a while so I hope to start posting more soon. A lot has changed though and with that the blog will change some as well. I'm not totally sure what that will look like but I do know I still want to be able to post about home things like cooking, crafting, frugality and that sort of thing but also heart issues as well such as finding balance in life, filling voids with Christ first instead of looking to food or trying to look better just to name a few things that have been on my mind lately.
Over the coming weeks or so I'll update some things around here and post more about what I hope to do with the blog. I am crafting a vision for what I want the purpose of this to be and I'm not totally sure right now what that is but wanted to get this out there to hold myself accountable to actually do something about it. For now, here's a few things that have been going on with me since I last posted...
- My husband was laid off from his job in August and is still looking for a job. He's applied to many places and had interviews, but not been offered anything yet. We've been blessed though, in the sense that God has gotten us through unemployment once before and is doing so again. We've also been able to tithe, pay all our bills and put food on the table so we praise God for that!
- I've been trying to find a job as well. When my husband became unemployed again, we decided that we both need to try and find work.This is a step of faith for me as I am still not sure what I am called to do. I truly desire to be a stay at home mom one day but also face the reality of student loan debt and would rather work for a while now then with kids down the road. I'm trying to learn to trust God in this area as he knows what is best, not me. I've applied to a lot of jobs and had one interview but haven't gotten anything yet.
- My husband and I starting leading a community group with our church. We have been discussing whatever was taught during the sermon on Sunday. It is a huge blessing for me to have such a great group to get together with. I look forward to our time together every week.
- I'm learning to crochet. It has been fun and something that I can do while sitting with my husband watching tv or a movie. It's also quite relaxing...well except when my yarn decided to get severely tangled.
- I've been struggling with feeling tired a lot. I've been taking a higher dose vitamin D supplement as suggested by my doctor since August but know I need to make some lifestyle changes as well. I think part of my issue is lack of movement and improper diet so I am trying to get better with that. I am putting this here to keep myself accountable to being healthier so I can feel better.
- I'm doing the Good Morning Girls Luke study with an online group. We are about halfway through now and I hope to continue to dig into it and grow spiritually through it.
Well, I guess that is it for now. As I said before, I hope to post again soon but I can't promise much yet. I do like blogging though and want to get back to it soon.