Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Let's Get Organized!...An Introduction


Image Source
 Today I am going to introduce a new series where I share with you some things that have helped me to get organized. Before I do however I should tell you that I am by no means an organizing queen but I have found some things that work for me and have over time discovered the freedom of having a plan and a place for everything. In these posts I hope to cover some home management and organization ideas as well as some help for organizing your spiritual life and ways to help keep you on track. For today I want to share a story with you.

Organization and I didn't always get along very well. As a kid my room was usually pretty cluttered, not dirty just cluttered, and though I didn't necessarily like it that way I had a hard time keeping it clean. When I did get around to cleaning it usually meant stuffing everything somewhere so it was out of the way. I did get better with this over the years but wasn't really kicked into getting better organized until college. Suddenly I shared a small room with two other people and I had to learn to keep my things better contained. No I won't lie to you and tell you that I did a great job with it then, but just to say I began to recognize the necessity of being better organized as it became more and more apparent to me that everything needed a place to go or it would just end up in a pile. However, organization is not just about where to put stuff it's also about having a plan, a way to organize not only your things but your life.

Since college I have also grown to be more of a planner. Even though I resisted many of these ideas at first because I didn't want to be tied down to a tight schedule or a strict menu, I can surely say that it has made life much easier. I can also definitely say that planning my own wedding made me realize how important it is to have a plan! And after almost two years of marriage I've finally come up with some things that work for me. So in the following posts under this series, I will share some of these with you in hopes that you can glean something from it that may help you better organize your home and your life.

Also, don't forget that we are focusing on the spirit this week in the discipline challenge. So far, I have read my bible everyday before getting on the computer which is a big improvement for me!

Joyfully,
       Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment